miércoles, 27 de septiembre de 2017

Grammar VI




Since I was a child, I had a dream. I wanted to be a professional soccer player. Most of Costa Rican children dream it. Both my dad and my mom have supported me when I have wanted to play. They are great people. On 2012, I decided to move to Liceo San Carlos because I started playing with San Carlos U 20 team. I thought it was the beginning of my professional career. I was excited about it. I was enjoying each moment with the team. The beginning was very difficult because I was 17 years old, so I was one of the youngest boys.
During the first championship (from January to July), I didn’t play many minutes. However, there was another team of San Carlos; it played the qualifiers to Juegos Nacionales, so I could play many games with that team, and we classified to Juegos Nacionales. There were played on December.
During the second championship (from August to December), I started playing many games with San Carlos U 20. I was living an excellent moment. However, the misfortune came to me. On November 2012, during a training session I suffered an injury. It was very painful. I screamed when I felt the pain. Everybody was concerned about it. I couldn’t believe it. I had to go the hospital, and the doctor said that my ankle was broken. A medical operation was required for it. Next day, my parents told me the bad news that I had to walk with crutches for a month, and then I had to start the therapy. It meant that I couldn’t be part of the team that participated on Juegos Nacionales. It made me feel too sad because I really wanted to play it. By the way, I had to walk with crutches on the graduation. They were two difficult months. However, during those moments I realized who were my true friends. Not only my family but also some friends were concerned about my situation, and I really appreciated it.
On the other hand, on February 2013, I had to choose between a degree or soccer. I had the opportunity of studying at TEC or still playing soccer. “What do I have to do? What is the best decision?” Those were two questions that I asked myself. Finally, I made a decision. No one influenced on it. Neither my dad nor my mom influenced on it. They respected the decision I made, and they supported me. I decided to study at TEC. I still couldn’t played because I haven’t finished the therapy, so I decided to get a degree. During some months, I didn’t play soccer. My first soccer match after the decision was on July 2013. I don’t know if I made the right decision, I will never know it. However, today I can say that at least I got a degree of an important university, and I’m studying on another important university of the country.


3 comentarios:

  1. Alex, Alex, Alex... I didn't know that you love football THAT much! I have always said that everybody has a story behind, and even though yours is kind of sad I feel very proud of you, I mean, you know what you love and you are still doing what you love to do. You have fought for it even after a medical operation! YOU`VE HANDLE IT PRETTY WELL !

    ResponderEliminar
  2. This is a really sad story. However, I am sure that you made the best decisión, and I say this because when God takes something away from our lives it is because he has something better. Maybe this injury was an opportunity that God gave you to change the course of your life. I also want to add that something we don`t understand many thing, but we have to believe that everything works for good. I am proud of you because you had to make a difficult decision, and you have never given up.

    ResponderEliminar